be a ROLE MODEL
“I was strengthened in my decision to take parental leave and felt a strong loyalty towards my employer, that was proactive in the matter. My paternity leave showed me links between parenthood and leadership and I use the mindset forward to motivate and develop my employees.”
Parentsmart Manager Role Model:
Inspiring employers, managers and employees telling their stories.
”Becoming a parent is a natural part of life, as is being on parental leave. We have hired pregnant women on several occasions. When we recruit someone our main goal is to hire the one that will perform the most in the long run. Viewing children and pregnancies as something negative feels strange. Being a parent is positive and brings about personal growth. As a parent one develops several different skills that if used in the right way can improve the company’s results and goal achievements.”
"Something that has struck me is my ability to create opportunities for my children to grow and develop in their daily learning. Sometimes you have to patiently stand by and, without being there and poke, watch as the children make one mistake after another in their attempts to carry out a task. Once they succeed, the joy and learning is enormous. Such knowledge and such a curious attitude from me as a father creates a great foundation for their developed learning in the future. The same goes of course for my employees."
"I have got another perspective on my work and am thus better at accepting defeat without losing focus or motivation and drive. Improved self-esteem and greater distance to work has also made me braver. I dare to say what I want, dare to give and ask for feedback to a greater extent and dare to question decisions and practices. A straighter attitude towards colleagues and managers has also made me a better negotiator, which has opened many doors both professionally and for me personally. "
become a certified role model
Organizations can get going mainly by the following 3 possibilities:
Getting Started - initiating the mindset
- Inspiration seminar: Tiina Bruno lecture about the norm breaking initiative - from WHY to HOW.
- Dialogue workshop: interactive seminar with local or internal panel and group discussions with dialogue charts.
- Webinar: Tiina Bruno live or recorded in a mindblowing hour to start changing attitudes.
Certification roll-out for employers
- Train-the-trainer program for managers and internal ambassadors to learn, adopt and spread the Parentsmart Employer mindset and model internally and internationally.
- - Live workshops
- - Webinars
- - Skype coaching for managers and ambassadors
- - Download of material & tools
- - PS Employer Policy, company adapted guidelines
- - PS Employer Role Model strategy for internal and external communication
Certification license for local consultants
- Train-the-trainer course:
- - Live workshops
- - Webinars
- - Skype coaching for local trainers
- - Download of trainer material
- - PS Employer Policy guidelines
- - PS Employer Role Model Strategy